
These are mulberries we picked a couple weeks ago. We woke up to a beautiful, cool, morning so Lucas, Jacie and I donned our muck boots and set out to get some berries. Our goal was to get enough for a big pie. We went down to the creek and found several trees there. We had to cross the creek at one point. I went first carrying the berries, slipped on some moss and fell right into the drink. Lucas yells "don't lose our bounty!" So I am trying to swim against the current while holding the berries up above the water. Lucas comes after me, takes the berries to safety and then takes my hand. Not 3 seconds later, Jacie comes toddling along and slips into the water too! I grab her hand and we have a nice chain of "safety". It was pretty funny and we all had to empty the water out of our boots afterward. We ended up with 3 1/2 lbs of berries and plenty for a 9x13 mulberry pie. We took it to Sunday Supper at Nanas where it was polished off by eveningtime.

No comments:
Post a Comment